In what physical state do I require my product?
- Check our website for solubility
How do I handle a product after I receive it?
- Do I need smaller aliquots/packaging? AVANTI CAN DO THIS FOR YOU for a small additional fee.
Do I have the proper storage container?
- See Our Shipping Containers page. [LINK TO A SHIPPING CONTAINER SHEET THAT MAL IS TO PROVIDE.]
- Do NOT use Eppendorf tubes.
- Do NOT use Parafilm.
- Do NOT use screw cap bottles with glue under the lid.
- Most commercial storage containers have glue under the liner. AVANTI’S STORAGE LIDS DO NOT CONTAIN GLUE. The Teflon liners are sonically welded to the lid.
- Secure any screw cap closure with Teflon tape or stretch tape.
- Lipids with no double bonds, e.g., 14:0, where,
- 14 is the number of carbons in the fatty acid chain
- 0 is the number of double bonds
- In most cases, the powder form of these products CAN be easily weighed. One exception is the short-chain lipids, i.e., <10 carbons in length.
- Lipids with one or more double bond, e.g., 18:1, where,
- 18 is the number of carbons in the fatty acid chain
- 1 is the number of double bonds
- As powders, these products are hygroscopic and CANNOT be easily weighed.
- They generally form a lyophilized cake rather than being free flowing powders.