23:2 Diyne PC [DC(8,9)PC] | 870016
All Prices in US Dollars
This product Is pre-packaged in the unit sizes indicated above.
Quantity discounts are available at the 5 and 10 count level.
Add your chosen unit to the shopping cart and adjust the quantity to see the discount.
To purchase larger quantities of this product please contact our Customer Service Department
- The UV wavelength for efficient polymerization of diacetylene-containing lipids is 254nm.
- Protect diacetylene phospholipids from light, especially in solution.
- Diacetylene phospholipids will spontaneously polymerize in solution. Store the lipid as a powder for maximum stability.
- Recommend storage at -20° C or less.
- It has been found that the photosensitivity of diacetylenic containing membranes is dependent upon its thermal history. Membranes composed of diacetylenic lipids are light sensitive when prepared below the phase trasition but become insensitive to light after the membranes are heated above the transition temperature (40°C). The membranes remain insensitive to light even after they are cooled to 25°C, and only when they are cooled to near 0°C is light sensitivity regained.
- Photopolymerization of diacetylenic and non-polymerizable lipid (DOPC, DSPC etc.) mixtures depends upon lipid miscibility. High degrees of polymerization cannot be achieved in lipid mixtures where the diacetylenic groups are diluted by other non-polymerizable lipids.
- Molecular Formula
- Percent Composition
- C 70.94%, H 10.14%, N 1.53%, O 14.00%, P 3.39%
- 3 Months
- CAS Number
CAS Registry Number is a Registered Trademark of the American Chemical Society
- Molecular Weight
- Exact Mass