Sphingosine-1-Phosphate (d18:1) | 860492
All Prices in US Dollars
Custom packaging is calculated at $4.00 per aliquot and will be charged at the time of shipping.
Custom Packaging: Before clicking add to cart, from the drop down arrow select custom packaging. Next, edit the quantities (and concentration for solutions) information. Finally, click add to cart.
- Molecular Formula
- Percent Composition
- C 56.97%, H 10.09%, N 3.69%, O 21.08%, P 8.16%
- 1 Years
- CAS Number
CAS Registry Number is a Registered Trademark of the American Chemical Society
- Molecular Weight
- Exact Mass
- sphingosine d18 D erythro 2S,3R,4(E) 1-phosphate
Allende, M.L., L.M. Sipe, G. Tuymetova, K.L. Wilson-Henjum, W. Chen, and R.L. Proia. (2013). Sphingosine-1-phosphate Phosphatase 1 Regulates Keratinocyte Differentiation and Epidermal Homeostasis. J Biol Chem 288:18381-18391. [PubMed]
Liang, J., M. Nagahashi, E.Y. Kim, K.B. Harikumar, A. Yamada, W.C. Huang, N.C. Hait, J.C. Allegood, M.M. Price, D. Avni, K. Takabe, T. Kordula, S. Milstien, and S. Spiegel. (2013). Sphingosine-1-Phosphate Links Persistent STAT3 Activation, Chronic Intestinal Inflammation, and Development of Colitis-Associated Cancer. Cancer Cell 23:107-20. [PubMed]
Karuna, R., R. Park, A. Othman, A.G. Holleboom, M.M. Motazacker, I. Sutter, J.A. Kuivenhoven, L. Rohrer, H. Matile, T. Hornemann, M. Stoffel, K.M. Rentsch, and A. von Eckardstein. (2011). Plasma levels of sphingosine-1-phosphate and apolipoprotein M in patients with monogenic disorders of HDL metabolism. Atherosclerosis 219:855-63. [PubMed]
The solubility of stock solutions of sphingoid base 1-phosphates may be increased by the addition of dimethylamine.
Solubility of S1P is difficult using organic solvents so typically it is suspended in methanol to aliquot, the methanol dried and the residue dispersed using fatty acid free BSA solution.
A procedure for preparation of a S1P stock solution follows:
125µM Sphingosine-1-Phosphate in essentially fatty acid free Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA, 4mg/ml)
Preparation of Stock Solution:
- Add Sphingosine-1-phosphate to methanol:water 95:5 (0.5mg/ml)
- Heat mixture (45°C-65°C methanol boiling point) and sonicate until Sphingosine-1-Phosphate is suspended (solutions are not clear - forms a slightly hazy suspention).
- Transfer desired amounts of methanol:water stock solution to glass vessel.
- Remove methanol:water solution using a stream of dry nitrogen.
- Place glass vessel into a warm (approximately 50°C) water bath.
- Rotate glass vessel during evaporation to make thin film of Sphingosine-1-phosphate on tube wall.
- Store Sphingosine-1-Phosphate at -20°C in closed container.
Maximum storage one year.
- Add enough BSA (4mg/ml) in water at 37°C to glass vessel containing Sphingosine-1-Phosphate
to make a 125µM Sphingosine-1-Phosphate solution.
- Incubate for 30 minutes and vortex occasionally.
- Maximum storage three months.